We also manufacture in the 2-component process, whereby 2 plastic components are manufactured by a single tool and in one operation. We employ 2-component injection molding for a variety of uses:
- Multi-colour injection molding: design
- Multi-feed injection molding: e.g. hard-soft compounds
- Assembly injection molding: saving assembly work
Diverse tool and machine techniques are employed for the realization of the 2-component plastic article:
- Transfer technique: The pre-molded part is transferred to another cavity.
- Rotary/displacement technique: The mold as tool is turned following the first injection process to a new position and the second component is injected with another nozzle.
- Core retraction technique: Retracting a core in order to make room for the further component